Tuesday, February 7, 2012

You Named Your Cat What?

Sir Santa Paws.

Yeah that's right, I said it.

It's quite amusing to see people's reactions when I tell them about my little kitty.  For my entire life (practically) I dreamed of having an orange tabby named  Shampoo (Shampy for short) and many of my friends knew that. So what happened to Shampy? Something better happened :)  I had been looking around craigslist for kittens and fell in love with this tiny gray fuzzball with green eyes. So stunning.  Jude was joking with me that because the kitten would be my Christmas gift, I should name it something Christmas-y.  There's a cute girl who comes to the Mt. named Christmas so I didn't want to name the kitten that (plus he's a boy and it now reminds me of a girl's name. You know how that works) and then it hit me.

Sir Santa Paws.

Get it? Like Santa Claus?  Anyway, when I contacted the seller of that dreamy kitten, he had already found a family and I was heartbroken (although happy he found a family).   He was a little Russian Blue and I soon found out they are pretty hard breed to stumble upon. I thought my dream was over.

Then, a friend of mine told me about a kitten rescue that believe it or not was just a few miles down the road. Before leaving to India we made an appointment to visit the kittens and as soon as I walked in I saw him.

Sir Santa Paws.

I ran past the Shampys and every other cute kitten who was so tiny it's ears didn't fit its head and ran to the cage with the gray kitten with green eyes. It was a boy. He needed a home. He was a Russian Blue mix. My dream was coming true :)

We brought him home the day after we returned from India and he is so perfect.  Everything I dreamed of.  He's a snuggle bug and he loves kisses. He doesn't make messes and he doesn't destroy furniture.  He's not afraid of strangers. He doesn't claw or bite unexpectedly. He loves me and let's me love him. He also loves baked goods (as I found out when he broke into my muffins and ate all the tops off...all of them).  He's my Sir Santa Paws.

When I first took him to the vet, the tech said "Sir Santa Paws? THAT'S what we're referring to him as?" My beloved best friend tried to convince me the name would be stupid in the summer time and my mommy told me there's always time to change his name.

He secretly has lots of names.

C'mon, who doesn't call their pet by 10 different names? He's: Sir Santa Paws, Little Paws, Baby Paws, Sunshine (because he brightens my day) Stinky butt (Self explanatory) and Mr. Wet Chin (because he sticks his entire face in the water bowl when he drinks).

So laugh if you will, but I love my Sunshiney Sir Santa Paws :)




If you have any super creative "pet names" and would like to show me up, feel free to comment!!

1 comment:

  1. Awww! Chachi, my gray and white kitty, is also, Cheebs, Cheeba, Little Cheeba, Honey-Bun, Bun-Bun, and most recently, The Magical Princess Bun-Bun. Sir Santa Paws is adorable!

    ReplyDelete