Sunday, February 19, 2012

A Sunday Sweet

Today is Sunday, one of my favorite days.  Today's kind of Sunday is rare because it's actually relaxing. Ahhh relaxing.

Our kitty's stomach has been upset since his steroid shot (for the allergies) and I read that a little bit of pumpkin puree should do the trick to set it straight.  But what in the world should I do with the rest of the canned pumpkin?  Make muffins, of course :)

In the past couple months, I have fallen in love with baking.  I think it calls to the Type A personality in me. It's so perfect! You just follow the direction to the "t" and BAM you get deliciousness.  Unlike cooking, my nemesis, which never seems to go as it should...that's another story.

Anyway, today I am making pumpkin muffins adapted from this recipe.  Instead of using raisins and walnuts, I opted for chocolate chips (so much yummier!).  I made these once before as Mini-muffins but they came out a little dry.  This time, they're perfect!! If you want to make minis, just make sure you turn down the heat to 375F and check them at 8 minutes.

Country Pumpkin Muffins
Preheat Oven at 400F
(makes 27 muffins)


  • 2 cups sugar
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 1/2 cups canned pumpkin
  • 1/2 cup water

  • 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
  • 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • (1 1/2 cups raisins)
  • (1 cup chopped walnuts)
  • 1 Cup chocolate chips

1. In a large mixing bowl, beat sugar, oil, eggs, pumpkin and water. 
2. Combine flour, baking powder, soda, spices and salt in a separate bowl and add to pumpkin mixture; blend well. 
3. Fold in chocolate chips(raisins and walnuts). 
4.Spoon into greased muffin tins, filling 3/4 full. Bake at 400 degrees F for 15 minutes.
5. Feel free to sprinkle with powdered sugar, although they are delightful just the way they are
6. ENJOY!

fresh out o' the oven


Enjoy your Sunday :)

2 comments:

  1. They look delicious!

    I'm the same way... I love baking because it tells you exactly how much of what to add, unlike the chemistry lesson you need to cook! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, oh, that looks wonderful... Yum. Also, can we talk about how much I love that you're blogging a lot? I. Love. It.

    xo Julie

    ReplyDelete