Thursday, February 16, 2012

Valentine's Day

Oh man, is it PAST Valentine's day already?!

I'm on the late train again. Oh well.  The good news is that I did get about halfway done with my Valentine's before the day actually arrived, but things came up and busy-ness swept away my good intentions to finish them. They will get finished. Don't you worry.  I won't, however, post what they are here just yet.  Once they hit the bottom of the mailbox I will be quick to share them with you, but I want to share them with my Valentine's first.

I happen to LOVE Valentine's Day, but this year I feel like it escaped me. It came and went so fast!  It's important to remember, though, that everyday is an opportunity to tell someone that you love them and show them how important they are to you!

As Jude and I were deciding what to do this year to celebrate, we could not remember what we did last year! Isn't that horrible? Neither of us have any memories of last year's Valentine's day.  We were so busy with everything that was happening that our minds were too full to catch that memory. Sad. I have a good idea of what we did (just because I know us) and I'm sure we went to dinner, saw a movie at Movies 10 and then went to Starbucks.  I just wish I remembered it.  If any of you out there DO remember what we did, please jog my memory!

This year, we were sure to take pictures so that we definitely would not forget.  It's not like we could anyway, our first *married* Valentine's :) We went to the Bonefish Grille for dinner and it was soooo yummy! If you ever go, definitely  gt the Bang Bang Shrimp. You will not regret it.  We had a lovely evening and took some time to spend some gift cards from the wedding on household items we still needed.  I think I like that better than flowers and chocolate.  Building our home gives me the warm and fuzzies!



Here's to hoping that you had a nice Valentine's Day, whoever you were celebrating with.  Don't forget to tell the one's you love today and everyday how much they mean to you!

1 comment:

  1. the bang bang shrimp is SOO GOOD!!! we went to sticky lips and I couldn't stop closing my eyes and enjoying the moments with the delicious food. :D

    ReplyDelete