Monday, February 6, 2012

Looking back at 2011

Now that we finally have stable internet, I can get back to blogging as my method of procrastination :)

I know that I'm a little late (ok, very late) on bringing in the New Year, but I need to officially shout HOORAY for 2012!!
The old is gone and the new has come :) In honor of the old, however, I thought I would do a quick review of 2011. It was a CRAZY, hectic, and stressful year...but one of the best.  Funny how that happens, isn't it? If you want to read my post from what I thought 2011 would be like click here.

And this is how it was...

January to May were extremely difficult.  Between work, school, planning a wedding, and working through immigration paperwork I was more than in over my head.  Anyone who was with me during those hard months probably watched me break down more than once, but God knew exactly what I needed. A floaty :) My best friend Sara came to school at Roberts that January and without her I can easily say that I wouldn't have made it.  David needed Jonathan and I needed Sara.  Looking back, its much easier to say that admist the trying times God kept light at the end of the tunnel. As I review the year, it becomes really clear that everything my heart desired I got.

In May, we graduated!! Woohooo!!! Offiicially a REAL college graduate with a REAL degree!

Two weeks later, Jude and I were married at an incredible ceremony and reception surrounded by people we love the most :) I could blabber on about my wedding for a million years...for real. But I won't this time. Maybe later (be warned).
This is where I couldn't squeeze his ring on :)

After a brief "mini-moon" in Cape May, NJ (where I did actually accomplish my bikini goal for my honeymoon!!) we moved to our current location at Blue Mountain Christian Retreat to welcome a beautiful, amazing, God-filled summer of awesome :D

My incredible fam jam :)

God did some really sweet things over the summer.  He really dealt with some of the anger issues I had been fostering since my experience at Roberts and of course there was the AWESOMENESS of becoming a new wife and growing into that new role. There was of course the trying, wearying difficulties of immigration paperwork which brought me to tears most days. More than anything though, I have become INCREDIBLY aware of how much God loves me (and you) and really cares about every little thing.  Every. single. one.

I have to tell you that even though it was a very hard year, looking back I am amazed that God still gave me every desire of my heart.
He provided a stunning engagement ring (you should hear that story, really).
He sent me my best friend when I needed her the most.
He gave me my dream husband (really, he's the best).
He made provision for a beautiful wedding.
He allowed for me to return to my dream job with people I love.
He blessed us with an AMAZING second honeymoon that we could never afford.
He made a way for us to travel to India to be with our beloved family.


I am truly blessed. Truly.  Even though 2011 was so difficult, I was probably the most blessed this past year.  Even to the point where our car broke down and the money was miraculously provided through an anonymous gift-to the exact amount. Wow. God is so good.

For all of you who have been waiting forever! We DID go to Jamaica on the honeymoon we won :D We had to delay the trip due to immigration paperwork, but we finally went in November and it was like being in a postcard. It was beautiful sometimes I still think it was a dream.  Thank you again to everyone who voted because without you it would have never been possible!


We were SO excited to go back to India to celebrate our marriage with family and friends, and most of all to see family again.  I cannot comprehend how Jude survives being so far away from his famjam.  When we were leaving the airport to come back to the States, I bawled my eyes out for about an hour.  I love them so much and I am so insanely blessed to be brought into an incredible family.


When we returned from India I received the BEST Christmas gift ever- and extension to my little family!  By now I'm sure you've all seen my little Sir Santa Paws :) I love him, he's perfect. He's currently sleeping behind me on my desk chair.  He brightens my day when Jude's not here. Did I mention he's perfect?
he's growing!

Well, that's my little rundown of the past year. Some super awesome surprises lay in store for this year.  I will be sharing them with you in the future, so stay tuned.

The word God gave me for this year is Faithfulness. Not on my part (although it is my goal), but on His.  As I share my goals for this year in future posts, I hope that you will keep this in mind with me.  I am adventuring impossible adventures and I am confident that God will be faithful.

Happy Newest Year :)
 love, the Singhs

No comments:

Post a Comment