Tuesday, March 13, 2012

What I've Learned in Housekeeping: Intro

During the Children's Ministry "off-season" at BMCR, I have the privilege of working in the housekeeping department.  I say privilege because it really is.  Not only do I happen to enjoy cleaning, but I work with the most amazing women.  I consider them friends (more like family) and really admire each of them. They are what makes my job great.

In honor of them and the time that I am spending in the Housekeeping department, I have decided to start a series on the things that I have learned in Housekeeping.  It's a lot, but I'm going to narrow it down to the life-changers (which is also a good handful).

On most days, I am the youngest member of the team and at first this was a little awkward, but now I embrace it.  These ladies have lived life and have wells of wisdom that I can draw from.  I try to take every opportunity to learn something from them- whether it be about love, raising children, paying bills, the best vet in town, losing a loved one or about how to get the spots off the kitchen floor.  It's funny, even getting spots off the kitchen floor somehow teaches me a good life lesson (and builds muscles like Arnold).

I hope that you check back often to find out what I've learned in housekeeping :)

Remember, we all have a story to tell and everyone is fighting a tough battle.  It is easy to complain about our situations (guilty as charged), but we can learn from them and we can learn from others.  My life is richer because of the Housekeeping ladies and I am so thankful for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment