Thursday, June 16, 2011

Becoming Mrs. Singh


Introducing Mrs. Julianne Elizabeth Singh!!

WOOHOO!!

It’s been about three weeks (ok, its closer to four) since the wedding and this blog has been silent.  Between getting married, honeymooning, enjoying marriage, moving 3 times, and taking classes I have neglected this beloved blog. No more.

I was SO thrilled to see all of the friends and family that made it to the wedding.  For those of you who were not there, here is a little bit about our day :)

Wedding and Reception: Springside Inn  Auburn, NY

Officient: Dr. Rev. J. Lee Simmons

Maid of Honor: Sara Berkemeier (the Great)
Bridesmaids:  Catherine Joseph and Raychel Marie Pozza

Best Man: John Church (JJ)
Groomsmen: Irvin Thevaranjan, Matthew Brubaker, and Ezekiel Goodfellow

Photographer: Pamela Carol Bratcher and her assistant Greg Hollar. You can see the sneak peak of our pictures here!

Hair: Desiree Gootee

DJ: Jimmy Doyle. He was a huuuge blessing!!

Sound Equipment: Francis Audio and Visual

Colors: Sunflower yellow and clover green

Flowers: Sunflowers everywhere! We chose silks for the tables. My bouquet was a brooch bouquet and the girl’s bouquets came from…WEGMANS! :D

The Dress: David’s Bridal

The Cake: La Dolce Vita

Honeymoon: We mini-mooned in Cape May, NJ, which was BEAUTIFUL!! We spent time on the beach, shopping, eating at Georges, and just relaxing (oh, and I dragged Jude to the zoo)

Another honeymoon?: We will be going to Jamaica later this year (just booked the tickets yippee!!!) Thanks to everyone who voted for us in the Liberty Travel Contest!! We owe it all to you!!

Favorite part of the day: Can I pick two?  My first is seeing Jude at the end of the aisle.  His face was priceless and I was SO happy!!! My second would be my dance with my Dad.  We don’t dance together…ever. So I was surprised when he starts cutting a rug and dancing like a pro!! The look on his face was hilarious and I loved every second!

Funniest part of the day: Probably watching all the crazy dancing

Favorite Unique pieces: We made mostly everything.  I was particularly fond of the photo station, our guestbook (thanks to Pamela Bratcher!), and my brooch Bouquet.  Jude helped me re-do it a few days before the wedding and he saved the whole thing

Best Splurge?: The photography most definitely. Worth every cent!

If you could change anything, what would it be?:  Having Jude’s family there.  Some Brides say that they wouldn’t change anything because it was perfect, but there was no way our wedding was going to be perfect without them.  We missed them dearly (and miss them now!) and can’t wait to see them again

Favorite thing about being married?: Jude doesn’t have to send me a “good morning” text anymore :)  There are a lot of things that are my favorite, but just having Jude there is a blessing

Advice:  Forget your timeline.  Ok, maybe don’t throw it out the window, but don’t be afraid to be late to dinner so that you can take more pictures.  The day goes too fast so slow down

Ok thats all for now :) See you, say tomorrow?

P.s. if you really like candid shots, check out my mom's album


1 comment:

  1. I LOve your blog and LOVE all your pictures !! they are beautiful !! I like Pamela's work ~!~ maybe I'll have her do my photography when I get married ;)

    ReplyDelete