Friday, June 17, 2011

Chop Chop

Two days after the wedding I took the big plunge...

Chop chop off with the hair!!

I have gotten a lot of comments like, "why did you do it? your hair was so beautiful!"

Point taken, my hair was pretty decent (I can't be the only one who sees the hidden "it doesn't look as beautiful now"...girls are good at turning compliments into complaints, aren't we? I don't think anyone really meant it this way, but my mind does wonder...)

BUT in order to make my hair look that decent, it took A LOT of work. It got to the point where that work was not optional.  It took at least 20min to brush, and if I skipped a day of brushing, I had to reserve 45min the next day (yes, even when wet). My hair is just so thick that it became a pain in the tuckus.  So, chop chop.

One thing I love about my short hair: It takes about 10 minutes to get ready in the morning (and about 1/4 of the product!)

One thing that's not-so-great about my hair: I can't put it up. Now, I did this on purpose to force me to do my hair more often, but now those "so tired I just want to put my hair up days" are bye bye.

One thing that I was not expecting about my short hair: NO CURL!! One of the other reasons I cut my hair was because all of a sudden it wasn't curly anymore.  I would have thought that by cutting it, it would have gotten rid of the weight and made it curly again but no. Strange, I know.  I have heard it in the wind that every 7 years your hair changes- well I'm 22 so that'll explain it. Now that it's short, if I let it dry on its own its just as frizzy, but only has a little wave.  If I put mousse in then it gets more wave, but most days I just run the straightener through it and let that be that.

Jude is off at a conference in Rochester (with the people I miss and love dearly!!! coughSaraBerkemeiercoughcough) and so what do girls do when they're all alone?  Get pretty.  I don't know why we do it, but I know its fun.  So, here are some self portraits from the photobooth of my BEAUTIFUL short hair.



Ok, thats all about my hair.  Check back shortly for pictures from our honeymoon *gasp* and a note about graduation :)

2 comments:

  1. I love it!!! I loved your hair long, too, but this cut really brings the attention to your lovely face. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. so, we completely match in hairstyle now....

    ReplyDelete