Thursday, January 20, 2011

Real Life Ninja

I must say that I'm really enjoying this blog.  I might have jumped on the band wagon a little late, but I'm really glad I did.

Recently I've been getting a lot of "hows the wedding plans going?"  Well my friends, you're in luck because you read this blog and perhaps those people don't.  Here's the answer:  I'm stressing out!  The Save the Dates have been sent (with the exception of about 10 which we are acquiring addresses for) BUT they're late.  They should have been out before Dec 1 but they didn't.  All of the invitations need to get made still.  Hopefully next week.  The menu needs be picked, bridesmaids dresses need to get finalized, groomsmen need attire, I still need shoes, we need our bands, we need to secure sound equipment, and on and on and on the list goes.  Truth be told, it will all get done.  Do I feel a little overwhelmed with this list of things to do and a 18 credit course load and at least 2 jobs? You betcha.

This semester, however, I have found a stress reliever.  The gym!  Personally, I hate working out.  Up until now I hadn't found anything that was exactly fun and fulfilling (except perhaps hiking).  This has been a downfall for me and last year I gained at least 20 lbs.  This is not only unfortunate, but disappointing and kinda gross.  Last semester I took a fitness course and I lost about 10 lbs. Woo!  This trend has continued and when I returned from break I weighed a whopping 127lbs.  That doesn't sound too horrible if you ask me.  According to some person's study somewhere, I learned in my fitness class that the ideal weight for my height and age is 119.  Seems like I have a way to go.

But is it the number that's really important?  I would say yes and no.  It's a great indicator of where you are and perhaps where you should be.  Is it everything?  Absolutely not.  Each person's body is a little different and if at some point you begin to gain muscle, you're weight will only increase.  It would be nice to be 119, but I'm more concerned about my main goal. (Drum roll please)  The Bikini.

Now, I have heard some debate on this topic and I have my own opinion.  This is my own blog so I feel I can safely share it.  I am all for modesty.  You might have the goods, but its not so good if everyone gets a looksy.  This being said, I try to dress modest.  My necessity for 24 modesty, however, is about to change when I get married.  Hello, I'll be married!!  That comes with many wonderful implications to which I'm sure you can use your own imagination. After the wedding when we go on our honeymoon (look for a post on that soon) I would like to be able to wear a bikini.  I'll finally be married and have freedom with my husband and I want to look and feel hot.  No shame in that.  Getting into that bikini, however, is the challenge.

But there's a solution.  I'm in the gym at least 3-4 times a week and now have one more advantage on my side.  Besides doing 7 minute abs with the suite mates, I am required to take a skills class this semester.  I chose (another drum roll) Tae Kwon Do!  This Korean Martial Art is helping me get in shape and let me tell you it is kicking my butt!  Literally. We worked on kicks today that work the butt!  This class is going to be a serious adventure for me and I'm both nervous and excited.  Technically it doesn't make me a ninja because it's a Korean Art, not Japanese...but I still like to say "hiya" instead of haiiiiiii.  Look out this summer because my ninja skills be the bomb (boom)!! I'm one week into the class and so far I'm enjoying it. Hopefully it will not only be fun but help me reach my goal.  There's only 121 days left till the wedding so I have to step on it!

For now it's back to homework.  I'm super excited to finally finish bridesmaids shopping tomorrow! Yippee!!

p.s. I promise to post a picture of me in my Tae Kwon Do uniform as soon as it comes, just so you know I'm not lying :)

No comments:

Post a Comment