Monday, January 17, 2011

Julianne Appreciation Day


Surprise for me!!  This morning I woke up to a most wonderful surprise.  Not only did I have a day off of school in the honor of Martin Luther King Jr., but apparently it was also a holiday dedicated to me!  Now, I'm definitely not saying that I am as important than MLK, I'm a big fan of him, but it is pretty darn cool to have a holiday.

I have the B-E-S-T suite-mates in the whole wide world!!!!  When I woke up this morning I found Savannah decorating the hallway and I smiled before getting into the shower.  I pretending to ignore it and when I was finished getting squeaky clean I found breakfast for me on the counter!!


BEST SUITE-MATES EVER!! The day was just beginning and there were more surprises in store!

Savannah, Jess, and Krys took me on an adventure to a place I've wanted to go to forever!! Savannah made me cover my eyes as we pulled into the parking lot of (drum roll please) color me mine!!  I LOVE creative places and crafty things and this place is kind of like heaven to me.  We picked out mugs (and in Krys' case a bowl) and began our painting process.  We all chose different techniques from scratching, to sponging, to stencils, to bubbles!  It was an absolutely fantastic time and I cannot wait for our pieces to be fired and picked up so I can drink yummy coffee out of my new mug made by one and only me!!


Next we went to Paneras and then came home.  Honestly, this was one of the sweetest things that anyone has ever done for me.  Especially since I'm almost never at the dorm.  I have been going through a hard time lately and these ladies really made me feel loved and appreciated.  I hope that we can continue this tradition and each wonderful woman can have their own appreciation day!!

There was one person who was left out of this group due to unfortunate circumstances.  Best friend Sara was supposed to be coming to surprise me this morning BUT her car wouldn't start. Boo.  She has a kind brother though who fixed her car in time for her to go to work.  Where the next wonderful part of my day took place!!  I got to visit Sara at work (don't worry Sara I won't say where) and I got a bonus: a car wash! I LOVE going through the car wash!  It reminds me of being little and excited.  I got to go through 3 times and it was the icing on the cake of an excellent day.  Best friends, crafting, more friends, visiting Sara, and car wash.  Not to mention spending time with Jude :)  This has been a blessed day and I am so grateful for my wonderful friends!!  You are loved and appreciated!!

p.s. did I mention they bought me a plant? Best day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment