Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Monday Monday

I don't like Mondays. Most people don't.  Yesterday, however, was wonderful.  Why you ask?  Because Sara and I crafted together :)

One of my new favorite things is scrap-booking my electronics based on the season.  Next Monday is valentines day so I'm in the mood for pinks and hearts, birds and cupcakes. I recently discovered that if I put a clear case on my computer, phone, and ipod then I can insert my design behind the case and it will stay intact while looking beautiful!! Last night Sara and I scrap-booked our ipods (found clear cases and screen protectors for $5 on ebay!)  and it was so much fun!! Hers had stripes and snowflakes along with "Berk."  Mine ended up more simple, but I love it.
yes, some of the stripes are glittery!
The other thing I did last night was start working on valentines.  Many people know that I love valentines day and I used to make elaborate cards.  I haven't had the time or energy these past couple years but I found a really cute idea online and I love it!

I am a HUGE fan of the little color strips found in the paint section of your local Walmart or hardware store.  I use those little squares for notes, cards, scrap-booking, anything!  They're free and so versatile!  I found paint color strip valentines online and fell in love!! I didn't own stamps for the project, so I went to Michaels but I didn't find any that I liked. Then it hit me- make your own!! I used to make stamps from foam sheets so I bought one and went to town.  My Valentines turned out great!!

Aren't they great??

In the spirit of the season, if you haven't voted for me and Jude's engagement video yet, please do! We want to win a honeymoon :)


p.s. I got my Tae Kwon Do uniform today so be looking out for a picture coming soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment